Get Involved: 2012 Featured Projects need your help now
- make a powerpoint slide of your career profile; participate remotely-see Scientist Profiles
- career panelists and judges needed for the Bay Area BioGENEius Challenge, April 19-see BioGENEius Challenge
- local scientists to serve as mentors for 6 months during the 2012-2013 school year-see Research Mentors
- 7th/8th grade science labs, Th & Fri, ongoing in 2012 in E. Palo Alto-see Middle School Science Labs
Bio-Community in the News
- Bay Area Companies Inspire CSU Biotech Students
- Biotech Partners and Citizen Schools are Ashoka Changemaker Winners
- Bay Area Featured Resource Science Buddies makes headlines
- Local biotech companies help low-performing schools teach science
- East Bay schools aim to refresh biotech labor pool
Play video games and learn genomics and scientific skills-checkout the newest Featured Resource from UCD:The Partnership for Biotechnology and Genomics Education
The Bay Area is abundant with science fairs!
- BayArea BioGENEius Challenge
- Google Science Fair
- Hot off the press Winners
The Amgen Bay Area BioGENEius Challenge is on April 19, 2012. Find out more HERE.
The Google Science Fair deadline is April 1. Find out more HERE.
Educator Funding and Professional Development Opportunities
- North Valley Biotech Education Collaborative offers engaging, hands on molecular biology workshops for high school teachers, including lab exercises for the classroom. Register by March23d; click HERE
- The Synopsys Outreach Foundation Grants: Ten grants to California K-8 teachers in the amount of $2,000 each for projects intended to have a positive and measurable impact on the environment. The deadline is April 16; find out more about the Green +1 Challenge HERE
- The Warren W. Eukel Teacher Trust Fund: Three $10,000 grants to outstanding teachers in Contra Costa County. The deadline is April 30, find out more HERE